"Generations of Attitudes" by Gaspar Enriquez of El Paso, Texas. (Photo by Sal Rojas Photography)
BrownPride.com Visual Arts Links
BP's Favorite Art Quotes
"Painting is not done to decorate apartments. It is an instrument of war for attack and defense against the enemy." � Pablo Picasso 1945
"Art is the heart's explosion on the world. Music. Dance. Poetry. Art on cars, on walls, on our skins. There is probably no more powerful force for change in this uncertain and crisis-ridden world than young people and their art. It is the consciousness of the world breaking away from the strangle grip of an archaic social order." - Luis J. Rodriguez
"Art is composed of two important elements, which are Form and Content. Form is the harmonious arrangement of color, value, line, shape and texture. Context is the subject matter and the concept that the artist is trying to convey to the viewer." - Emigdio Vasquez | Professional Artist
"A Chicano kid grows up with walls of many kinds around him. When somebody is born into that situation, there are several things he can do. He can ignore the walls and sink into apathy. Or he can become violent and try to blow up the walls. But there is a third way, a way that people have used for centuries. And that is to perform a kind of ritual magic to neutralize the force of the walls by decorating them with signs, symbols, and art. Chicano street writers choose this third way." - Gusmano Cesaretti, Street Writers (1975)
BrownPride.com Art-based Features
Chicano/Latino Murals from the State of Texas / TejaztlaN
- Arte of Adan Hernandez / San Antonio, TX - June 28,2005
- Chamizal Murals: El Paso, Tejaztlan - April 21,2005
- Gaspar Enriquez: Generations of Attitudes - Feb.13,2005 (
- Chicano Murals from El Paso, Texas
- Chicano Murals from El Paso, Texas Part II
- Chicano Murals from El Paso, Texas Part III
- Chicano Murals from El Paso, Texas Part IV
- God is Mexican, El Barrio Segundo, El Paso, Texas
California Chicano/Latino Murals and Art Galleries
- Teocintli Mural - East Los Angeles
- Peace and Dignity by Mictlan Murals (11/2006)
- Marka 27 Crewest Gallery Art Show
- Mr. Cartoon Presents "Promise Land" Art Gallery
- Los Angeles CHOLO Style Graffiti Art by CHAZ
- Brown Pride Mural, Northeast Los Angeles (Rose Hills)
- Indigenous Mural, East Los Angeles
- God Lifts the Spirits, East Los Angeles
- Bienvenidos Children's Center by Zender, East Los Angeles
- Homage to Siqueiros, East Los Angeles
- La Virgin, Boyle Heights, CA
- Mural by Fabian "Spade" Debora, Los Angeles
- 1000lb of Struggle by Fabian "Spade" Debora, Boyle Heights
- Prisionero de tu Amor, Eastlake, Northeast LA
- United We Stand, Happy Valley, Northeast LA
- Mariachi Plaza de Los Angeles, Boyle Heights
- Maravilla Market's Murals - East Los Angeles
- The Town We Live In, Los Angeles CalifAztlan
- �Zapata Vive! | Stencil Graffiti, East Los, Aztlan
- Chicano Park | Parque Chicano, San Diego
- "El Rescate" Chavez and Evergreen, East Los Angeles
- Hotel Figueroa Mural, Downtown Los Angeles
- The Murals of Estrada Courts, East Los Angeles
- Lil' Valley Mural, East Los Angeles
- Mexican Flag Mural, East Los Angeles
- L.A. Mural by Mr. Cartoon, Downtown L.A.
- Mexico-Tenochtitlan "The Wall That Talks" in Highland Park
- Murals from Cesar Chavez and Soto St. Intersection
- Mural titled "Mexica" Located in Boyle Heights
- La Virgen Mural located Fullerton
- Homeboy Industries Mural, Boyle Heights
- Mural from Olvera Street, downtown L.A.
- Cesar Chavez Murals located in East L.A.
- La Virgen Mural located in Pico-Union District
- "Calle de la Eternidad" located in Downtown L.A.
- Mariachi Plaza and Murals located in East L.A.
- Aztlan Underground Murals : Downtown Los Angeles
- Libraries Educate Goverments Make Cut Backs : Highland Park
- East L.A. Mural Featured in the Movie Colors
- East L.A. Mural on Breed St. & Cesar Chavez Blvd.
- Quetzalcoatl Mural Project Part 1
- Revolution Mural from East Los Angeles
- Aztec Murals From East Los
- Mural of Southern California History
- Mural of Mexican/Chicano History
- Mural by East Los Streetscapers, East L.A.
- Mural of Cesar Chavez, Santa Ana
- Murals from Fullerton, Orange County
- Murals from Fullerton Pt.2
- Mural of Children, Fullerton
- Mural from Lincoln Heights, East L.A.
- Murals from Lincoln Heights Part 2
- Mural of Pueblo Life, Orange County
- Not A Minority Mural, East Los Angeles
- Visions of Orange County, Santa Ana
- Aztec Mural, San Francisco
- Drawing Titled "End Barrio War-Fare"
- Fonzy Air Shot | BrownPride.com Gallery (1.01.05)
- Fonzy Air Shot Website Los Angeles, CA
- Fabian "Spade" Debora - MISOL TRIBE, East Los Aztlan
- O.G. Abel - L.A. Based Muralist.
- Mister Cartoon - L.A. Based Muralist/Tattoo Artist.
- Gonzalo J. Plascencia
- Edward Gonzales - Chicano Art
- Diego Rivera Web Museum
- David Alfaro Siqueiros
- Frida Kahlo Home Page
- Simon Silva
- Mayan Christina X Gonzalez
- Aydee Lopez Martinez
- Malaquias Montoya - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Adan Hernandez
- Gonzalo J. Plascencia Website
- Emigdio Vasquez - Chicano Muralist / Painter from Orange County.
- George Yepes - Chicano Muralist from East Los Angeles.
- Creative Art Solutions
Links To Mexican Museums On The Web
- El Museo del Barrio - Spanish Harlem, NYC
- Lowrider - An American Tradition by the S.I.
- Lowrider Museums by Smithsonian Center
- Corazon del Pueblo - Oakland, California
- Galeria de la Raza - San Francisco, California
- Guadalupe Cultural Arts Center - San Antonio, TX
- CURARE: Mexican Contemporary Art
- La Pe�a Cultural Center, - Berkeley, California
- Museum of Latin American Art - Long Beach, California
- Latin Art Museum
- San Anto Cultural Arts - San Antonio, Texas
- Self-Help Graphics - East Los Angeles, California
- Chicano Murals in Tucson, Arizona
Sal Rojas Photography